« Previous post | Main | Next post »

06.17 | '24' season six to be filmed in New York?

Producers of the Fox show '24' are discussing a scenario for a New York terrorist attack episode next season.

If the producers succeed in persuading New York officials, it will be the first time the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning show has been filmed outside of California, the New York Post reported.

Executive Producer Joel Surnow said, "We're in conversations," tvguide.com reported.

Probably the best pre-season news I've heard in years. As long it's not just for the first five minutes of the first episode before the action hightails it back to LA.

Maybe Jack Bauer can go hang out with The Strokes at CBGCs, or throw a terrorist-bashing party at Ground Zero.

Related Entries:

'24' team to produce 'NSA Innocent' pilot for Fox - Oct 18, 2006
Watch the trailer for '24' season six online! - Oct 11, 2006
Chad Lowe joins '24' season six - Oct 11, 2006
Actor screws up his chances of a part on '24' - Oct 08, 2006

Comments:

Filming in NYC would be great. It is time for all of us to remember those we've lost,but also it is time to let go and just be ourselves. Think the show would do it with dignaity and honor what a way to support those who are the REAL JACK.

Posted by: janet nelson at June 17, 2006 09:40 PM | #

I saw you are interested in Jack Bauer, so maybe you would like the following: Get your 24 souvenir bracelets today! These silicon bracelets proclaiming “What Would Jack Do?” are the perfect way to keep this CTU agent's godly presence alive during the long off-season! Send an email to whatwouldjackdobracelets@gmail.com to let us know you're interested! We'll keep you updated with all the details! What Would Jack Do? He would definitely buy one!! Remember to tell your fellow 24 fans about these bracelets also!

Posted by: Jack Bauer at June 18, 2006 02:45 PM | #

Moving to New York stinks. If they move to new York I predict 24 loses audience share. 24 is a California show and should stay a California show. Californians are sick and tired of seeing their shows moce out of state. If 24 moves my family and I are dropping it like a hot potato and so will all my friends. This is a much bigger issue for Cailornians than producers realize. We know how much our economy depends on TV shows especialy since we have lost so much of the movie prouction to other locales. 24 is a greatshow but if it goes to New York I predict Californians desert the show in droves.

Posted by: Schaefer at June 21, 2006 05:12 AM | #

I think it's a great idea to film in New York. The show stayed fresh and exciting this year with the various deaths of popular characters and storyline twists. A new location for a new season would work wonders and open up new challenges for Mr Bauer me thinks!

Posted by: Gary at the House of Henry at June 21, 2006 01:36 PM | #

Hi I really don't think that it will be the same if 24 is located in New York for season six. I have been following 24 ever since it started i even buy the dvd box sets.So i personally don't think that its a good idea to move it to New York, i am not saying that I wont watch it but I don't like the idea of all of a sudden moving to New York Michael Feltham

Posted by: Michael Feltham at June 26, 2006 12:42 AM | #

online essay generator www.whatwouldjackdobracelets.com

Posted by: JB at June 27, 2006 06:01 AM | #

I wish president David was alive palmer is an actor who knows to do a president job at 24 he is better than keler and logen. It was wrong to pot Logen at 24 season five

Posted by: khalid al sulaiman at June 27, 2006 10:59 AM | #

I think 24 could perhaps shoot some scenes in New York and do the rest in California because it will be a good change of scene. Maybe they could introduce us to a New York CTU Division where perhaps Karen Hayes now works, who knows?

Posted by: TJ at July 3, 2006 11:49 PM | #

as someone who lives outside DC, i have always thought 24 was a little weird always in cali. yeah, the prez is in cali all the time. right. every time something bad happens. thsts exactyl where he heads to in AF1. yes, of course terrorists want to blow up.....LA! huh? dc? no. ny? no. nobody except you left coasters cares about LA. and no real terrorists do either. so relax. we are ground zero here. in dc. and NY. ok? so go get a tan or go surfing or drink latte or do whatever it is you do out there. but leave the real dangerous assignments to us, capice?? and let's get some reality in 24 now.

Posted by: fred at July 7, 2006 09:47 PM | #

please remember me when season six is out.

Posted by: kassahun at July 11, 2006 05:50 PM | #

Moving the plot to New York would only work if they already had a story arch that lead there. To just throw a new location on us is not what 24 is about. What keeps the show intresting is the story archs from season to season. Maybe New York for Season 7. But not Season 6.

Posted by: Joe Shmoe at July 30, 2006 07:30 AM | #

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF IS GOING TO BE FILMED IN NY SO HOW IS IT GOING TO BE CONNECTED WITH JACK THAT HE IS HEADING TO CHINA I RECKOND THAT THE CHINESE MIGTH TAKE JACK TO WORK FOR THEM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT IT WOULD BE COOL AS WELL I DONT KNOW JUST GUESSING CHEERS

Posted by: Felipe at September 1, 2006 03:43 PM | #

New York !!!!!! I thought the nwe season will be shoot in China ! didn't you guys see the shanghai ship ?

Posted by: Ali at September 4, 2006 05:44 AM | #

I think that to do a new season of 24 i NYC would be great. But I dont't understand why it will take place i NYC. Jack was captured in L.A. Perhaps Kimberly Bauer lives in NYC, and Jack are going to visit her, and tell her he is still alive. I think this season of 24 will not be like the others. The most important thing for Jack is to save his own ass! I think first episode will take place in China , and than NYC and than Los Angeles. There are also going to be terrorist etacks against Los Angeles. I can also tell you that Wayne Palmer will be the president of this season of 24.

Posted by: Kim André at September 23, 2006 06:43 PM | #

Posted by: Stacey Martin at September 25, 2006 03:06 PM | #

Does anyone know where the filming will take place here in New York, can anyone help me out. Thank you so much for understanding me in this matter, and have a wonderful day. I definitely think to have the new season of 24 filmed here in New York, would be absolutely fantastic, because all the fans of the show 24 would probably love to go and see the taping of the new season of 24, And you know that 24 is one of the best television shows out there, and to say that Kiefer Sutherland is the most sexiest guy alive, and a Phenomenal actor,and it doesn't get any better than him, and he is so talented in everything that he does, and all the cast of the show 24, are also such fantastic actors, and if it wasn't for all the actors, and the producers, writers, etc there would of never been such a fabulous show. The show 24 is the best show out there on television, and Kiefer Sutherland is a Fantastic actor, as well as his looks, his sex appeal, and his unbelievably sexy voice, and he is a real man, and a man like that you just cant get enough of him, that guy is so talented in many ways as an actor, musician , father, producer etc the list goes on, he is just like his father Donald these men are the best actors out there in television, and Kiefer only gets better, and especially in his show 24, you just never know what to expect from that show because it leaves you hanging at the edge of your seat, its a fantastic show and I was very upset to see that the season finale was here, but I just cant live without that show, and I hope that Kiefer will still continue to keep making these episodes of the show 24 and never give it up, because no one could ever replace Kiefer's part as Jack Bauer, Kiefer is the one and only Jack Bauer, he plays the part fantastic he is the greatest he rocks, and no matter what, no one could ever become the real Jack Bauer except for Kiefer Sutherland, he is the one and only real Jack Bauer and you are the best, keep up the great work and everything that you do in your life Kiefer because you deserve it you came a long way, your the best and you will always be my best, and you will always have a very special place in my in my heart and that's forever. So if you can make a girls wish come true in meeting her Idol who is Kiefer Sutherland, you would make me the happiest person and if you would like to contact me please e mail me at mswallyturnbuckle@yahoo.com Thank you for understanding me in this matter

Posted by: Stacey Martin at September 25, 2006 03:08 PM | #

ionolsen25 I just don not have anything to say right now.

Posted by: kartoshka at October 22, 2006 02:05 AM | #

ionolsen25 HI! I love this place!

Posted by: karel at October 22, 2006 02:46 AM | #

ionolsen25 Your home page its great

Posted by: pipetka at October 22, 2006 07:41 PM | #

ionolsen26 May we exchange links with your site?

Posted by: thomson at October 22, 2006 09:19 PM | #